A lost song - Dhana dhanya sasialatha

There is a Malayalam song I've been searching for many years. My late mother used to sing it but no one in her family remembers it now. 

Some people say the song used to be played on All India Radio in the 1950s and 60s when Kerala state was newly formed. Others say it used to be sung in school assemblies even till the 1970s. But I haven't been able to get the lyrics or a recording or a reference.

The song is an adaptation of  a Bengali original written by Dwijendralal Roy in the late 19th or early 20th century and which is still popular. Here is the Bengali version I sang at an event in our apartment complex:



The Malayalam version is lost. Here is what I remember of it from my mother's singing. If anyone reading this remembers the rest or can point me to a recording or a reference, it would be wonderful to recover the song and sing it again!

Lyrics (part):

Dhana dhanya sasialatha
sulalitham manoharam

Keralatheeram modhakaram
vinobhavan bhayam (vignyanada saram?)

Keralatheeram kerakedharam
nityanandasaram

Puthuchingya nalgidunna
mridusmitham pole
balaripu sundaramayi

aha kera bhoomi
aha kera bhoomi
aha kera bhoomi

Recording (what I remember of it):

Comments